Monday, December 8, 2008

Trimming the Tree with Monsters

In my opinion, it really is the most wonderful time of the year! I love the decorations, cozy weather, hot cocoa, lights, trees, special ornaments, music, movies, and creating memories. Already we have had some fun ones we'd like to share. One of our traditions each Christmas is to commemorate the year with an ornament. This year the boys received Elmo ornaments since 2008 is when they fell in love with the little monster. Though distracted at times and missing the point of leaving them up once they're hanging, the boys were old enough to help Daddy decorate the tree and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mommy is officially off the hook! I, like my mother when we were growing up, have now become the ornament unwrapper. Here are some pictures of the humorous event: serious concentration, Noah imaginatively sipping out of a teacup ornament, and Hayden playing with a wooden nativity. The other pictures show the house in some of its luminescent glory. More to come!






2 comments:

  1. what a fun time to see your kids enjoying the christmas celebrations. It only gets funner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I also have to say- great idea on the Elmo ornaments. I got to thinking about the ornament for every year tradition recently when my mom gave me 26 ornaments with my name on them for my tree- yikes, what am I gonna do with all these?! I think with my kids I'd like to get them an ornament each year that has a special meaning, but not necessarily put their name loud and proud all over it, so when they grow up they can have their special ornaments that have so many memories behind them, but they won't look incredibly self-centered when they put them up on their tree (if someone comes into my house and sees my tree full of ornaments with my name on them, what in the heck will they think?!). Anyway- looks like you are already doing that, so I wanted to say kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete