Monday, January 9, 2012

Monopoly Thoughts

Ahhh, that was a nice breath of fresh air!  But now I'm back with something to say...

Don't you wish that the Monopoly card "bank error in your favor... collect $$$" actually popped up in real life?  I'm frequently at the teller's window because we operate on a cash system.  On my last visit, the poor, tired teller kept doing math incorrectly.  I corrected her each time, even at the end when she handed me $100 too much.  I walked away feeling pleased with myself for a) catching the mistakes in the first place, and b) being honest instead of letting the bank deal with its employees' mistakes. 

Immediately I thought of Monopoly.  "Where's my reward money?" I selfishly thought to myself.  Well, I don't have an extra $10 that B of A paid me as a thanks, but I realize that I'm rewarded by my Father in heaven who sees every honest action, every kind word, or good deed unnoticed.  My goal isn't really to get acknowledgment from people on Earth anyway.  Abundant blessings are my constant reward, and when my favor with God increases by whatever I do, think, or say, that is the best reward I could ever hope for.

(And what spurred me to write about this incident was the phone call I had with a B of A representative just a minute ago.  I had to dispute a charge, and the whole thing went so quickly and smoothly!  I thought, "Hmm, may be this was a gift because of..." May be it seems silly to associate the two events, but I started a habit long ago of looking for God's blessings in everything.)

After all:  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. ~ James 1:17

Are you looking for the blessings He is giving you constantly?  I challenge you to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment