Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feeling Appreciated!

For the most part, today was not our best. Kids were fussier than usual, even my baby girl. But then my wonderful husband came home, saw the house in all of its chaotic glory, then vanished for a half hour. He came back upstairs and sent me downstairs for "a break". A dozen red roses were waiting for me with a card that had all the right things written inside. So I went back upstairs, and in a precious moment amidst screaming children at our feet, I hugged him for a long time and thanked him for noticing all that I do. In a strange way, I was pleased that my kids were so distraught while seeing Mommy and Daddy loving one another. It's important for them to know over and over again that our marriage (and Daddy) are first even before them. So my day turned out to be not so bad after all.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, your story made me teary. I love that you felt so appreciated. You are inspirational. I don't know how you do what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! :)
    (and.. oh, you don't know me, I'm just sitting here, reading random blogs.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also don't know me! I'm surfing through blogs and this one really made me smile. Congratulations on our wonderful family :)

    ReplyDelete