Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scenes from September

This month was full of fun! Here is a bit of what we did to wrap up the summer.

Gracie got her first pedicure from Auntie Phoebe. Kudos to Phoebe for painting teeny nails as they are all while kicking and squirming! She seemed to enjoy it, and even the nurses at her four month appointment were sure to tell me how adorable they thought it was.



I celebrated my 26th birthday... We enjoyed a delicious family dinner and ended the evening with a grandbaby bath (minus Grace) in the big Scott and Laura tub. It was wonderful, wet chaos.



On my actual birthday, Scott and I biked 24 1/2 miles throughout San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, over the Presidio, over the Golden Gate Bridge and all the way back. Did you catch that? 24 1/2 miles! Who knows what came over me to desire that, but we really did have an amazing day! I did it all on my brand new bike! (My first ever since, as the youngest, I was blessed with hand-me-down bikes.) Finally! An outdoor activity we both can enjoy and be recreational partners for :) Have you ever biked to a different county before? I hadn't!



We welcomed back my parents from a long European journey. My favorite souvenir they brought back for the kids? this shirt for Gracie from Ireland. "Gorgeous (just like Mummy)"



We played at home and I caught some cute brothers/sister behavior...
Noah "helping" Gracie to sit back up straight, big foot/little foot, and EVERYONE helping Mommy feed Grace.



We went to some friends' cabin on the coast for the weekend. It was fun to get away from everything - even just for a couple days. We were entertained by abalone shells as hats, kissing dirty faces, the deck with a gorgeous view, and Hayden's break-dancing...





Yeah, you can judge me if you want... I happen to love the show "So You Think You Can Dance". I went with some girlfriends to the traveling tour in Oakland. A friend with connections gave us Meet and Greet Passes so we met all of the dancers before the show. We had fantastic seats and it was a blast!






That was probably just as exhausting to read as it was to participate in! But at the end of the day (or month), as tired as we are, I always say,
"Thank you, God, for my family! I am so blessed!"

1 comment:

  1. Aw This is so cute! The boys are wearing the shirts I got them like a year ago! :)

    ReplyDelete