Monday, February 13, 2012

MMM!!! (Mommy Melting Moment)

Last night I was serving dinner to the kids in a staggered order.  Carter was already set up, I called Levi to the table and placed his soup and crackers in front of him; I told the others to follow.  I was prepping the other three bowls when I looked up at Levi.  His eyes were on mine and his little 2 year old hands were intertwined for prayer, held up in front of his face to show me what time it was.  He let out some quiet gibberish and my mommy heart melted.  I have no idea what he was saying, but the heart was there.  He knew that we should pray and give thanks to God for our blessings.  No one told him to do this; no one was doing it for him to copy.  My eyes started to swell with tears as I walked around the counter to him and leaned down.  "My goodness, this boy gets it!" I thought.  He had let go of his hands by then but when he saw me coming toward him, he clasped them again.  He bowed his head and I said a short prayer with him.  He beamed a bright smile then dove into his dish.  For all the frustration that comes along with a delayed speaker, what a gift that interaction was!  How amazing it was for me to be reminded that God hears his unspoken (or babbling) prayers. And the most important part of our lives, how our hearts receive the Lord Jesus, is right on target for our little guy, despite any clinical studies of delay.  Those minutes were my favorite, most precious that I have spent with Levi so far, and definitely worth chronicling.  Oh, and he had just gotten an adorable buzz haircut earlier that day so the image was EXTRA cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment