Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Mourning: a poem

A sudden remembrance
Putting two and two together
I know what you've been up to
And I feel like something's changed.

I don't know why this fell on you
This burden and annoyance
I have no comforting words
except that I love you and we'll work through it.

You are strong no matter what
But I know that you are hurting
The disappointment of dreams lost
The shift of all you'd wanted.

It is a big deal.
Don't you dare trivialize it.
It's okay to cry, to mourn
Though we're ready to accommodate.

A long hug , fighting tears, reality setting in
A prayer spoken on your behalf,
"God, You are good and You could take it.

We trust You, O God.
Let it be and use it, or restore and increase the joy."
We are finite and out of control.
A just reminder of Your sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment