Friday, March 1, 2013

Why I blog

Where was I in January and February?  Good question!  Darned if I know.  All I can say is I reeeeally did miss putting my thoughts and memories on the page.  I read something the other day that perfectly pinpointed why I blog.  It's not just to add an expectation for myself or to prove that I still have a (somewhat) functioning brain.  Here is what Lysa TerKeurst, one of my favorite wise ladies, wrote:  

Not everyone will be published but having your thoughts, life lessons, and creative stories captured in a place outside your mind is good. I would treasure one page of wisdom written by my great grandmother. But all her words died with her. And that makes me sad.
So, if you feel inspired to write- write.
If not a whole book, one page.
If not a whole page, one sentence.
I write so it's out there and doesn't get lost in the constant shuffle mode that are my thoughts.  That being said, I'm also going to start blogging some things for our church's women's ministry.  Woohoo!  Fun way to be stretched, for sure.
One issue that kept me from typing away is that so many of my posts have accompanying pictures. There's some weird hiccup in the "put a pic in your blog post" world.  They say I have maxed out and are asking me to pay for more storage.  I don't understand how this can really be true, so I've been frozen for awhile.
Beyond that, the months have been busy.  Cleaning up Christmas, dealing with stubborn sicknesses, enjoying a girls' weekend away, school program, Valentine's Day stuff, a birthday retreat for the husband and me, church events, meetings, family fun, more sickness: all wrapped up inside the "normal" routine.  Yes, my favorite end-of-the-day choice has been vegging with Scott in front of the DVR.
And as I write this, I know that life will always be throwing its curveballs and extras.  March and April might look even more packed!  So the difference now, I guess, is that I miss it too much.  I have a loooong list of things I've wanted to write about.  And Lysa, my new bff (lol), told me to WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment