Thursday, November 8, 2012

Latest Twinisms

Here are a few noteworthy comments the twins have made on our commuting drives this week:

  • We have a CD that we still listen to with Classical Conversations songs and memorization stats.  An historical point on the timeline song has the word "conquistadors."  Hayden chuckles and says mockingly, 
              "She said 'kiss the doors.' hahaha..."

  •  We have also been talking about a Kindergarten rule regarding flipping cards for bad behaviors.  The boys have informed me that if a student reaches the point of flipping a black card, he or she must visit the principal's office.  I understand that his authority is above Mrs. Nass' and this is perceived as a very serious consequence, but I wanted to explain to them that Mr. Johnson isn't a bad guy.  I told them that their principal was such a kind man and not to be nervous or scared around him just because he has to talk to the kids who are sometimes in trouble - and also not to be scared of the office itself!  I assured them that there are times when it's a great privilege to go visit Mr. Johnson in his office, and it doesn't only mean they are in trouble.  (Is this lecture coming from experience!?)  So out of nowhere in true Noah fashion, his mind halts the conversation exactly where he wants it.  "Mom!! It sounds like Mr. Johnson is a PRINCE!" It took me a second to follow his thinking, but I got there.  Principal=prince.  I later told Mr. Johnson that he could milk this one!  Expect the royal treatment!  ;)   
  •   And again one concerning Mr. Johnson and the CC Presidents song...  Johnson's name comes up in the list and Noah has an epiphany.  Again.  "Mom!! Johnson was a president!"  Confused by the obvious statement, I replied simply, "Mmm hmm.  Yep, that's what it said."  He persisted with spirit, "No, Mr. JOHNSON used to be a PRESIDENT!"  Oh man.  I think you are hilarious, kid.  I love how your mind works.

No comments:

Post a Comment