Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Good Samaritan


I just posted this Facebook update earlier this morning, but there's more of the story that I'd like to remember.  First of all, Carter's response is noteworthy.  After I safely pull over on our windy commute choice, Marsh Creek Road, I start the emergency flashers and hurry around to the kids' door.  I see the damage.  All.  Over.  Carter.  I stare at him for a second and simply say, "Poor baby."  His reply?  "Uh. Oh!"  Way to put a smile on my face, even in the midst of this, buddy boy.  

I had to run back to get a bag just in case Noah had another episode.  Then I started wiping up some obvious areas.  Buckles, clothes.  All covered.  How could I get to the cute sickie behind it all?  I was starting to make some progress, when suddenly Hayden yells, "I see Mr. Bell!"  I wasn't of the mind to ask what he meant or if he was serious.  But sure enough, I turn around to see Mr. Bell, the twins' PE teacher, and his daughter.  Now, I've met this man once for a total of 3 minutes.  But he knows we both commute on that same road, he saw the twin sticker and guessed it was us, and he chose to stop.  He helped with the removal of Carter's pukey pants and ended up taking Hayden to school so I could immediately turn around and head back home.  What a great blessing!  

He didn't have to stop.  Yet this is the kind of person teaching my sons at school.  In spite of the morning's events, I have a big smile on my face for that reason alone.  Thanks, Mr. Bell, our good samaritan.           

No comments:

Post a Comment