Thursday, December 1, 2011

God must be snickering...

During our family's Bible time, we are reinforcing the great program our kids are part of at church.  The lesson was about Zechariah and Elizabeth and how prayers to God are like a lovely fragrance to Him (using incense or a scented candle as the object lesson).  That was two days ago.

Today in the kitchen I had a pumpkin spice candle burning.  My little Noah sneaked up and blew it out.  "Noah, why did you blow out my candle?"  "Because I wanted the smoke to go up to God."  Prayer or not, I think that kids' innocence and attempts of understanding are a beautiful aroma to Him and must make God snicker.

And as I type this blurb, I have the three big kids hiding under the computer desk.  Just have to share this hilarious out-of-nowhere dialogue:
Noah: "I smell something yucky, Mom.  It smells like something on the inside of a pumpkin."
Me: "Gracie, did you toot?"
Gracie: thinks for a second... silent nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment