Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On this day in Laura's history...

9 years ago today, my dreams came true and I snagged the most wonderful guy for life!  On this very busy December 14th, we have no time to celebrate as he has to work all day (coming home about 10pm), and I have church commitments in the evening also.  Still, so far our anniversary has been lovely.  We were able to sleep in a bit since all the kids are needing extra rest because of their colds.  Then as we slowly woke up, we shared a few lovey dovey lines, compared dreams from last night's sleep, he rubbed my painful headache, and then surprised me with a Starbucks and pancakes spelling out "Happy 9th Anniversary."  (The boy's got skills!) 

The morning turned into crazy chaos like I'm used to, with spilled milk, splattered applesauce on the counter, chair, and floor, repeatedly dropped silverware, and my personal favorite (to the future horror of Noah), a first experience with diarrhea that will always crack me up when I envision his adorably innocent, freaked out face.  ("Noah, you didn't just pee your pants, did you?"  "No.  I think I pooped!")  Poor baby.  Sometimes series of events like that send me over the edge into "Mom's in one of her moods again."  But today, I peacefully went with the flow and cleaned up one thing after another.  That amazing man I married 9 years ago is the reason I have these cuties to care for.  What a wonderful anniversary, considering how much our crazy love for each other has multiplied into even greater blessings!

A few days ago, I was being a real premenstrual "treat" to Scott.  You name it, I wanted to argue about it.  He looked at me funny... He snapped at me about my outside-the-home commitments... He made a joke at my expense... All overreactions of course.  Don't you hate when you are hormonal and you know it but just can't pull yourself out of the funk?  That was me.  Well, after the fourth or fifth time of fixing things that day, he pulled me into the office and sat me down in front of the computer.  He played me this video, and as I looked over at him half way through, this tough dude had tears in his eyes.  May be he really does like me.


Of course then I wanted to mess with him about the video contents.  "What, so you think I belong in a mental hospital!?  And you're gonna bust me out!?  Oh, how romantic!!"  But by then he knew that my hormones had finally calmed down and his gesture had won.  He just chuckled and said, "I had never seen the video before!  I just wanted you to listen to the words."  I really do believe he loves me like crazy.... =)  Happy Anniversary, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment